This recipe I found in Disney Family Fun Magazine. I tweaked it a bit. These are wonderful. Enjoy!!!!1/2 cup self rising flour
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
1 TBSP butter; melted
1 1/2 cups corn
1/4 cup finely diced scallions
canola or vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, dash of salt, sugar, and cayenne.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Fold in corn and scallions.
- Pour oil into skillet, enough that it comes 1/4 inch up side of pan.
- Heat until shimmering
- Drop a small spoonful of batter into oil flatten it slightly with back of spoon.
- Fry over med-high heat about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Tranfer to paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat with remaining batter.